Permanent link: http://volt.io/cv/
- Hermann Käser
- 19 June, 1984
- German passport
Contract developer through my own company: Regal Code Ltd (October 2012 - Current)
The main tools I’ve used during this time have been Symfony 2, Wordpress, PHPUnit, Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML5, CSS, AWS, Jenkins, Vagrant, and Docker. I’ve also used Couchbase, Solr, Ansible, Rackspace cloud servers, Zookeeper, Redis, and Zend in some capacity.
CTO at nvivo.es (July 2008 - September 2012)
- Work at nvivo.es/5gig.com revolved mainly around everything that went on behind the scenes; live and test server systems administration, backend managment tool, crawler scripts, and the model (the M in MVC).
Programmer at Destinia (September 2007 - June 2008)
- Maintained and updated the hotel search engine, backend providers, and internal management tools.
Web Developer at Ninefortynine (2004-2007)
- Developing websites using PHP and MySQL in valid XHTML and CSS
- Linux server maintenance: live, test and backup servers
- Briefing clients and maintaining contact throughout the development process and later support
I help maintain OpenEats: an open source platform to store recipes written in Django and React.
- American School of Madrid
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Computer Science
- University of Derby, HND Computer Studies and Internet Technologies
- University of Derby, Placement
- https://github.com/hermzz: my personal github account
- Spanish, native
- English, native
- Very little German
More about me
I’m an old school science fiction fan (Asimov, Bradbury, Philip K. Dick) but I’ll read almost any kind of fiction I can get my hands on. I enjoy a good game of Ultimate. I started playing while at university and I’ve continued ever since playing for a number of club teams from different countries and representing Spain at European and World level competitions. I also like to take pictures and I maintain a tumblr blog.